Members First Credit Union will never call and solicit information regarding your accounts. We keep all information you provide confidential. We do not sell email addresses or any information to other companies.
Beware of the following statements:
- You have an inheritance waiting for you.
- You have won the lottery.
- You have been chosen to be a mystery shopper.
- You have received an email requesting you to update, confirm or provide your bank account information.
All of the above scams are ways to get you to send criminals money or account information. Most times you will receive a check in the mail and will be asked to wire them money as soon as possible to a large U.S. city, or to another country.
Beware of such statements and scams by making sure the check will clear before you release any information. Checks can take up to 14 days to clear but a wire transfer is processed within the same business day.
Phishing is another form of criminal activity that is used to trick people into revealing account numbers, debit or credit card numbers and your PIN number. The main source used to phish for information is sending you an email asking for your account information.
Some recent messages in the subject line are:
- The FDIC has decertified your insurance coverage
- The IRS wants to refund your overpayment
- Your online service is expiring
- Multiple log-in attempts noted. Please update your information.
If you think you are a victim of fraud please call customer service at 435-674-5200.
To Report Lost or Stolen ATM/Debit Cards or Credit Cards
Please contact Members First Credit Union at (410) 633-8850.